Celebrations held in the U.S. to mark half-century of Western Star…
Now the U.S. truck brand has just celebrated a key anniversary – 50 years.
The half century mark for Western Star was marked at an event in Arizona at the weekend with a host of classic and customized Western Star rigs on show.
Western Star Trucks have been in Australia since 1983.
Western Star Trucks President, Kelley Platt, was on hand to celebrate the anniversary and described the brand as being “the last of the custom truck builders”.
While a number of key announcements were also made at the event, mostly related to the North American markets, but they included:
- All-new 25-tonne off-highway XD-25 model
- Addition of the Detroit 23,000-pound front steer axle for 4800 and 4900 models
- Addition of a 5-Man Crew Cab option on the 4700, 4800, 4900, and 6900 models
- New 5700 model configuration for expeditor and RV applications in day cab or sleeper
- Availability of new RollTek Seats with side-impact airbags and other safety features
We will keep you updated with local Western Star Trucks News here.